CC20 goes online
The upcoming conference Critical Costume 2020: COSTUME AGENCY in Oslo this August will be hosted in a new format, as a digital/online event. The conference will take place on the same dates as planned; August Friday 21st till Sunday 23rd 2020. Here is some information on the updated plans:
The conference will be digital, consisting of three parts:
1) video library of paper presentations and flash talks (pre-recorded)
2) a series of working group meeting/discussions on Zoom (live online)
3) a series of panel discussions (live online)
The exhibition will continue as an online exhibition.
The workshops will be postponed to Summer 2021 because they require participants' physical presence. See more about conference, exhibition and the workshops below.
NOTE: The participation in this new format for CC2020 will be for free.
We are finalising our plans, timelines and technologies. We will announce detailed information with a timeline on April 21th.
- All already accepted presentations (Paper presentations and Flash talks) will be video recorded by presenters and published by CC2020 in a free access online video library.
- Length of presentations will be as originally planned and accepted: 15 minutes for Paper Presentations and 8 minutes for Flash Talks.
- Please note that these videos can be creative. We will send exact deadlines and other details for submission of videos soon. For now the participants can start planning the content and form of the videos.
- These videos will be available for viewing online before the conference starts
- This library will be easy to navigate, permanent and open to wide public for free.
- If the speakers will meet technical challenges to record or to send the talk, they will be assisted by a technical team of Critical Costume 2020
Working Group Discussions
- Working Groups (8 people by group) will discuss topics and specific questions related to the topics covered by the paper presentations and flash talks, with a moderator
- The Working Group Discussions will be held live online on Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd, August 2020 (exact times tbc)
- The online platform will be Zoom
- Open also to people that are not presenting in video library
- We will publish exact topics, times, moderators and ways how to reserve your place soon. For now, please reserve the dates in your diaries.
- Four (4) curated online Panel Discussions on specific topics related to the agency of costume design/(-ers)
- Live screening, but also recorded and published in the video library
- Once a month in September, October, November and December 2020
- Exact topics, participants and dates/times to be announced soon.
- Online exhibition of already accepted participants/art pieces
- Online from Friday 21st 2020, permanently
- Exhibition manager, Yuka Oyama, will be in touch with the artists directly
- Are postponed till August 2021
- All already accepted participants will be re-invited
- Exact dates, deadlines and other details will follow
More info here: